That statistic is among the findings in Averitt Express’ fourth-annual State of the North American Supply Chain Survey, now available for free download.
Averitt Express, a provider of freight transportation and supply chain management, surveyed more than 2,300 shippers from a variety of industries throughout North America in late 2018.
The survey consisted of a series of questions aimed at gauging the supply chain challenges that shippers experienced in 2018. They also were asked questions to measure the use of and interest in various supply chain services in comparison to data taken from the previous years’ surveys.
• Are businesses predicting an increase or decrease in shipments in 2019?
• What were the biggest challenges with carriers in 2018?
• Did tariffs have a negative or positive impact on your business in 2018?
Results from the survey were compiled into a white paper that is available to download on Averitt’s website. The white paper is designed to help shippers plan their supply chain strategies for the year ahead.
• 26.05 percent experienced challenges with freight capacity in 2018.
• 69.59 percent expect to ship more freight in 2019 than last year — a 6.3 percentage point decrease from the previous year’s survey.
• 41 percent viewed trade tariffs as having a negative impact on their business in 2018 in comparison to only 5 percent that reported positive effects.