Chinese regulators green light COSCO-OOIL deal

China COSCO SHIPPING’s acquisition of the parent of Hong Kong-based liner carrier Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) earlier this week received approval from China’s State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission, OOIL said in a statement.

Chinese regulators green light COSCO-OOIL deal

China COSCO SHIPPING’s acquisition of the parent of Hong Kong-based liner carrier Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) earlier this week received approval from China’s State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission, OOIL said in a statement.

Chinese regulators green light COSCO-OOIL deal

China COSCO SHIPPING’s acquisition of the parent of Hong Kong-based liner carrier Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) earlier this week received approval from China’s State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission, OOIL said in a statement.

 
China COSCO SHIPPING’s acquisition of Orient Overseas International Ltd. (OOIL), parent of Hong Kong-based liner carrier Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), has been given the green light from Chinese regulators.
    OOIL said in a statement Thursday that the Chinese state-run buyer received clearance from China’s State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission to move forward with the acquisition.
    Under the terms of the $6.3 billion deal, COSCO Shipping will own 90.1 percent of OOIL, while Shanghai International Port Group will hold the remaining 9.9 percent.
    COSCO is currently the fifth largest container carrier in the world in terms of operating fleet capacity, while OOCL clocks in at seventh place, according to ocean carrier schedule and capacity database BlueWater Reporting’s Carrier Ranking tool. Based on present figures, the combined entity would operate vessels with an aggregate capacity of 2.19 million TEUs, making it the world’s third largest ocean carrier.

I really can’t think of a worse response to the myth of the driver solution than to reduce the driver age or reduce the already low standards to get a CDL.

The Port of Oakland in May handled 85,964 TEUs of loaded imports and 78,070 TEUs of loaded exports, up 4.2% and 8.4% year-over-year, respectively.

Most Popular
Latest News
Social Media

Loading...

Expeditors launches sensor-based logistics firm Cargo Signal

Expeditors launches sensor-based logistics firm Cargo Signal

Embed this story

Share Code Version 1

This version will embed the story headline and includes HTML fallback protection, ensuring the story will display even if some users decide to disable javascript in their browsers.

Copy & Paste the following code to embed this story on your website:

Preview

Chinese regulators green light COSCO-OOIL deal

China COSCO SHIPPING’s acquisition of the parent of Hong Kong-based liner carrier Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) earlier this week received approval from China’s State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission, OOIL said in a statement.

Sep 08, 2017 on Dec 27, 2018AmericanShipper.com

Share Code Version 2

This version will embed the story headline without any styling applied. Use this version if you will use your own custom styling on your website. This version also includes HTML fallback protection.

Copy & Paste the following code to embed this story on your website:

Preview

Chinese regulators green light COSCO-OOIL deal

China COSCO SHIPPING’s acquisition of the parent of Hong Kong-based liner carrier Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) earlier this week received approval from China’s State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission, OOIL said in a statement.

Sep 08, 2017 on Dec 27, 2018AmericanShipper.com