Both shippers and ocean carriers want container shipments to flow smoothly, but despite their best intentions disruptions occur frequently. American Shipper's research suggests that most of these challenges stem from failures in managing the fundamentals such as booking, documentation and settlement.
The good news is many of these problems are avoidable if shippers and carriers get back to basics. This one-hour discussion will take a hard look at the common breakdowns in the ocean shipping process, the impacts they have on shippers, and steps being taken to improve.
Key discussion areas will include:
- Streamlining the booking process.
- The importance of documentation and invoicing accuracy.
- Critical communication and visibility.
- Dispute resolution and accessibility.
Expert panelists will include:
- Gabe Bernhard, senior manager, Whirlpool Corporation
- Patrick Halloran, director of trade and logistics, Cardinal Health
- Tom Sproat, senior vice president of customer service, Maersk Line
- Moderated by: Eric Johnson, research director, American Shipper
REGISTER HERE: This free Webinar will broadcast live on Wednesday, May 1st, at 2 PM EDT courtesy of our sponsor Maersk Line.