Roundtable Discussion: China denies P3 proposal
Thursday, June 19, 2014
Surprised by China’s decision to block the P3 Alliance’s proposal? So was most of the shipping world. Tune in to this 35-minutes podcast to hear American Shipper
and BlueWater Reporting staff weigh in on this momentous decision. We explore some of the crucial questions left unanswered, where Maersk, Mediterranean Shipping Co. and CMA CGM go from here, and what it means for you, the shippers.
- Why did China’s Ministry of Commerce block the P3?
- What does it mean for the P3 carriers, their rivals, and shippers?
- Historical context for China’s decision.
- The impact on future vessel sharing agreements, port coverage, and transit times.
- Chris Dupin, Maritime & Intermodal Editor, American Shipper
- Hayes Howard, CEO, BlueWater Reporting
- Eric Johnson, Research Director & IT Editor, American Shipper
- Ben Meyer, Research Analyst, American Shipper
- Francis Phillips, Research Analyst, BlueWater Reporting
Click to listen to this podcast.