Seasick Industry Webinar: A Recap of American Shipper's Annual Report on Ocean Carrier Financial Performance
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Two out of three is bad when it comes to the performance of
ocean container lines. Following record losses in 2009 and record
profits in 2010, the industry returned to steep losses in 2011 and faces
an uncertain 2012.
The question is, how to make
sense of these uncertain times? Will poor carrier financial performance
affect shippers, either through rates or service levels? Is the industry
facing consolidation? Is ocean freight a commoditized market?
help you make sense of the financial maze, our expert panelists will
discuss the implications of a dysfunctional and unhealthy group of liner
carriers, including the following key topics:
- A recap of American Shipper’s 2012 report on carrier profitability
- A five-year examination of liner industry financial performance
- Market trends underlying carrier performance
- Analysis of EBITDA, debt, capital expenditure levels
- Implications on shippers of unhealthy carrier industry
- A look ahead to what 2012 looks like
- Live, anonymous Q&A with the panelists.
- Hayes Howard, CEO, American Shipper and ComPair Data
- Eric Johnson, Associate Editor, American Shipper and Research Editor, ComPair Data.
- Brian Nemeth, Vice President, AlixPartners
- Esben Christensen, Director, AlixPartners
If you are not automatically redirected, please click here to download the Webinar. You must be a Premium Subscriber.