The Role of Finance in Logistics Management
Wednesday, September 04, 2013
A decade ago CFOs took aim at their supply chains to reduce inventory levels and take cost out. With inventory levels near historic lows the finance department is now chasing other opportunities to reduce costs and increase cash flow. However, American Shipper's
research demonstrates that many shippers have achieved mixed results working with finance. This one-hour interactive discussion will explore the challenges and benefits of collaboration and best practices for establishing a productive working relationship with the CFO's office.
Key discussion topics will include:
- Understanding the CFO's logistics and transportation agenda.
- The relationship between finance and logistics departments.
- Articulating logistics needs and requirements in financial terms.
- Balancing the competing interests of finance and logistics management.
- The role of freight payment processes, services and technology.
Expert panelists will include:
REGISTER HERE: This free Webinar will broadcast live on Thursday, September 19th, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT courtesy of our sponsor U.S. Bank.
- Kim Kennedy, senior vice president, U.S. Bank Transportation Solutions
- Diego Klabjan, professor, Northwestern University Transportation Center
- Moderated by Jim Blaeser, publisher, American Shipper