RedStone Logistics, an Overland Park, Kan.-based third-party logistics company that focuses on management of logistics networks, is now offering a new diagnostic transportation assessment service called StoneBench.
The new service, currently free though the company plans to start charging down the road, provides companies with an evaluation of their transportation processes and operational performance and benchmarks the results against those of similar size companies.
RedStone said the service is available to any company without obligation, regardless of whether they are existing clients.
StoneBench gathers information on five function areas of business:
- Transportation planning: This evaluates inbound and outbound processes, routing guides, use of ad hoc and spot market options, optimization tools, and technology
- Transportation execution: Looks at key processes like shipment tendering, event management, and exception management for daily operations
- Sourcing and cost management: Reviews carrier qualification process, bid process management, selection and qualification process, contract negotiation, regulatory compliance, and performance monitoring
- Financial management and impact: Assesses current costs versus alternative methodologies, carrier payment terms, audit methodology, cost allocations, claims management, and cash-to-cash cycles
- Logistics network: Evaluates current service alignment with sales channels, overall network design, pool point decision processes, static routing design, and overall strategic decision support tools.
Once all the information is analyzed, the company will receive a comprehensive assessment with short-term and long-term improvement opportunities. The assessment aims to help in areas around understanding data quality, process maturity and recommended enhancements, short-term goals with immediate cost savings, carrier rate comparisons, and value stream opportunities.
RedStone Logistics currently focuses on supply chain services for small package, LTL, truckload, expedited shipments, and air shipments.