Global Transportation Management: Integrating Domestic and International Logistics Operations, January 24th 2013, 2 PM EST
Thursday, January 24, 2013
Archive copy now available for download.
American Shipper research shows global shippers are being challenged to integrate domestic and international logistics operations. For many shippers, particularly those leveraging multiple modes, this initiative requires major changes to business processes, organizational structure, and IT systems. It is clear there are many hurdles in integrating these classically disparate operations.
This one-hour discussion will focus on the market forces causing this trend, the unique challenges in international and domestic logistics, some surprising similarities, and the role technology providers are playing in making this trend a reality.
Key discussion topics will include:
Expert panelists include:
- Trends impacting global shippers and the 3PLs on which they rely.
- Complexities that make international transportation different than domestic.
- The less obvious similarities between domestic and international.
- Consolidation of TM platforms across modes and geographies.
- The emergence of SaaS platforms and their growing importance.
- Opportunities and benefits of successful integration.
REGISTER HERE: This free Webinar was broadcasted live on Thursday, January 24th at 2 PM EST courtesy of our sponsor LeanLogistics.
- Chris Johnson, vp research & development, LeanLogistics
- Jim Blaeser, publisher, American Shipper
- Moderated by: Eric Johnson, IT editor & research director, American Shipper