Demystifying Liner Shipping Webinar: Understanding how carriers manage capacity and schedules, February 14, 2013, 11 AM EST
A shoe manufacturer knows that when sales for its products slow in winter, it needs to reduce production capacity. That could involve temporarily closing a production line for a time, removing a shift, or just slowing the speed of production. All tools to help match output to demand.
Ocean carriers have the same problem: how to manage capacity to bring it in line with demand. And their problems are exacerbated by a requirement to best utilize the new super-efficient “factories” (i.e. large vessels) being introduced into the marketplace.
What tools do the carriers have to manage capacity and how efficient are they at doing so?
This 60-minute session will explore how carriers manage capacity on their core trades, the impact of the new class of super-size vessels on those efforts, and tools you can use to track these developments.
Key discussion topics will include:
- Carrier strategies for managing capacity and reporting schedules
- The difference between nominal and allocated capacity
- Measuring flex points in schedules and capacity
- Tracking capacity from Asia to Europe and North America
Expert panelists include:
- Hayes Howard, president, BlueWater Reporting
- Ben Meyer, research team leader, BlueWater Reporting
- Francis Phillips, database editor, BlueWater Reporting
REGISTER HERE: This free Webinar will broadcast live on Thursday, February 14th, at 11 AM EST courtesy of our sponsor BlueWater Reporting
- Eric Johnson, research director and IT editor, American Shipper
We’ll send it to you!
Register now and get the free AS Daily.