Combating Corruption: Best Practices In FCPA Compliance
Friday, August 09, 2013
American shippers are juggling more responsibility as they source from and sell to a growing number of geographic regions. What they may not realize is that their exposure to compliance risk might be growing as quickly as their supply chains expand. The greatest vulnerabilities to risk often lie in emerging markets, according to benchmark indices that measure corruption.
In particular, recent increased enforcement of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) should give global shippers cause for concern. This one-hour session will help shippers and their service providers understand the FCPA and other countries’ anti-corruption laws, most notably the UK Bribery Act, and take steps to mitigate these significant risks. Our speakers will address this important topic from the legal, accounting and technology perspectives.
Key discussion points will include:
- The legal landscape in the U.S. and around the world.
- Enforcement trends involving shippers and transportation intermediaries.
- The message the DOJ and SEC are sending in their FCPA Resource Guide.
- Lessons learned from recent declinations and investigations.
- Elements of an effective compliance program including internal control and books and records requirements.
- Compliance reviews as an element of monitoring your compliance program with specific attention to high risk areas for corruption.
- How technology supports and aligns to an effective anti-corruption/anti-bribery risk and compliance program.
- Specific examples where technology can provide preventive and insightful responses.
Expert panelists will include:
REGISTER HERE: This free Webinar will broadcast live on Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT courtesy of our sponsor SAP.
- Bruce Romney, senior director solution marketing, SAP
- Evelyn Suarez, partner, Williams Mullen
- Yousr Khalil, director, Forensic Risk Alliance
- Moderated by: Eric Kulisch, trade and transportation editor, American Shipper