American Shipper is gathering feedback from shippers, carriers, and others to better understand perspectives on how well the Federal Maritime Commission is doing as chief U.S. regulator of the shipping industry.
The shipping research and consulting firm attributed November’s year-over-year increase in idled containership capacity to the Panama Canal’s new locks, which made smaller containerships less attractive, along with Hanjin’s bankruptcy.
The Dubai-based operator will own 55 percent of a new vehicle targeting port and terminal investment opportunities outside of the United Arab Emirates, while Canadian pension fund Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec will hold the other 45 percent.
Registration takes less than 1 minute.
A new Visibility Benchmark Study from American Shipper also found that third-party logistics companies have a major problem delineating their cost to provide visibility to shippers.
Many small shippers entering the online retail fray may not be aware that air cargo-specific hazardous materials transportation regulations even exist, let alone apply to their products.
The San Francisco-based freight forwarder, which has now raised a total of $94 million to fund global expansion, said it is constructing a new operating system for global trade that will unite the world in a seamless web of commerce.